Thursday 8 September 2011

iRemix... Ghostpoet - Liiines (OLUGBENGA - METRONOMY - ARES EDIT)

"Metronomy toured with Ghostpoet back in April this year and we really seemed to hit it off. We both got shortlisted for the Mercury Music Prize and at last night’s Awards ceremony I got a chance to catch up with him. I was reminded of this little edit from the end of my JAND mix for Drownedinsound. "Life is too short to store up grudges / Life is too long to make no plans" - Easily my favourite lyric by anyone this year. Stops me in my tracks every time I hear it sung. The drum break on this edit is taken from a Bloc Party tune… You might hear a bit of Kele screaming in the back there too." - Olugbenga (Metronomy)

#LifeIsTooShortToStoreUpGrudges

#LifeIsTooLongToMakeNoPlans

No comments:

Post a Comment